‘These are killer counterfeits’: Parents warn about fake pills made with fentanyl
Ed and Mary Ternan, from Pasadena lost their 22 year old son Charlie to fentanyl poisoning three weeks before he was set to graduate college. He thought he was buying Percocet via a social media site. Instead it was a fake pill made of fentanyl. Since his death the Ternans have created “Song for Charlie,” a non-profit organization offering resources to parents, students and educators. They spoke live on KCRA 3 with Brian Heap about what people should know about fake fentanyl pills.
Clip February 25, 2021